ACCEPTING ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR!
Virtual Prep Academy of Indiana at Madison-Grant is a statewide tuition-free online school serving K-10 students living in the state of Indiana. We are so excited to work with you and your family and appreciate that we are your school of choice!
HAVE A QUESTION?
Call: (888) 436-0234
To begin the enrollment process, please create an account on our online enrollment portal and complete a registration application.
Once we receive the enrollment application along with all required admissions documents, your student enrollment is complete. If you need help, a member of our enrollment team is here to support you through this process.
Enrollment is guaranteed if all the following conditions are met:
Virtual Prep Academy of Indiana at Madison-Grant is committed to providing a working and learning environment that is free from unlawful discrimination and harassment. Virtual Prep Academy of Indiana at Madison-Grant prohibits discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition); ethnicity (such as race, color, national origin and ancestry); religion; disability (mental or physical or reasonable accommodation); age; marital status; or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance or regulation.
The school adheres to all provisions of federal law related to students with disabilities, including, but not limited to, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (“ADA”), and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (“IDEA”).
Students must reside in the state of Indiana to be eligible for enrollment.
Age eligibility per Indiana Education Code is as follows:
Must be age 5 by September 1st of the current school year.
Student must be entering grade 9 or 10 to enroll.
Proof of Student Identity & Guardianship: Copy of your child’s birth certificate (official or hospital-issued) showing the child’s legal name, place and date of birth, and legal guardian(s). If the birth certificate is not available, your alternate option is a combination of Proof of Guardianship (court documentation) and Proof of Identity (child’s passport or birth affidavit).
Proof of Residency: Documentation that proves the residency of the student and his/her primary parent/legal guardian. When the child lives with the legal guardian and the proof of residency documentation is in the legal guardian’s name any one of these documents is accepted. If you are unable to provide any of the below documents, contact the school office.
• Utility Bill (electric, gas, water, or sewer); Resident name and property address must appear on the bill; Must be dated within 90 days of enrollment. Please note that disconnect notices, final bill statements, and billing envelopes are not accepted.
• Mortgage Statement; Resident name and property address must appear on the statement; Must be dated within 90 days of enrollment.
• Lease or Rental Agreement that specifies start and end date of the agreement; must be dated and include names and signatures of the lessee and the lessor (typically this if the first and last pages of the agreement).
• Original Mortgage/Closing Paperwork such as the Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Statement; Resident name and property address must appear on the statement.
• Pay Stub that includes employer name and address; also, must have guardians name, address and be dated.
• Bank Statement; must show Legal Guardian’s name, current physical address and be dated within 30 days
• Active Military Orders; must show Legal Guardian’s name and current physical address
• An Affidavit of Residency must be completed in the presence of a Notary Public. The Notary Public must sign and seal the affidavit within 30 days of the registration forms being submitted, and the original, hard copy affidavit must be submitted.
DO I HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING TO ENROLL?
Since Virtual Prep of Indiana at Madison-Grant is a public school, there is no tuition associated with enrollment. However, any cost associated with field trips and extracurricular activities is the responsibility of the parent.
WHAT GRADES ARE OFFERED BY THE SCHOOL?
Virtual Prep of Indiana at Madison-Grant serves grades K-10.
WHAT SUBJECTS WILL MY CHILD TAKE?
Our elementary, middle, and high school students take very traditional courses with elective course options depending on the program.
WILL MY STUDENT HAVE AN INDIANA-LICENSED TEACHER?
Yes, all of our teachers hold current Indiana teaching credentials.
DOES THE SCHOOL SUPPLY COURSE MATERIALS?
The school offers the opportunity for each family to request a loaned computer at no expense. Elementary students receive a workbook. Our middle and high school students work primarily online, so no offline materials are required.
CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE ACCELERATED LEARNERS OR STUDENTS IDENTIFIED AS GIFTED?
The very nature of an online program can allow for acceleration. Our individualized approach allows teachers to assess students to find their challenge point in the elementary grades. Our students in middle and high school can take an accelerated approach with counselor permission. We also offer a variety of electives, honors, and AP courses to challenge students and prepare them for higher education.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Upon enrollment approval, you are officially enrolled in our school as a full-time student and should not be enrolled in any other program. Within 48 hours, you will speak with an enrollment specialist. Your Enrollment Specialist will partner with you and your student to make sure that you feel completely prepared and confident to start this journey. You will also be assigned a teacher who will support your student’s academic and social success. Our teachers are experienced in education and assist on items such as scheduling classes, discussing college and career options, and creating plans to overcome learning obstacles.